8/27/09

"Corpsegrinder"



"Corpsegrinder" windmilling style of head banging and The ability to spit rapid-fire lyrics while maintaining his guttural growl.

George Fisher (born, July 8, 1969)[1] is the vocalist for the American death metal band Cannibal Corpse and the lesser-known melodic death metal band Paths of Possession. He previously recorded two albums with Florida's Monstrosity before leaving and joining Cannibal Corpse in late 1995.

Biography

Hailing from Baltimore, Maryland Fisher is known for his windmilling style of head banging while performing, as well as his ability to spit rapid-fire lyrics while maintaining his guttural growl; examples of which are heard in "Disposal of the Body", "Dormant Bodies Bursting", "Mummified in Barbed Wire", "The Time to Kill is Now" and "Worm Infested". He is also known for lengthy screams of ten seconds long. Examples can be heard in "Blunt Force Castration", "Devoured by Vermin," "Five Nails Through the Neck," "Frantic Disembowlment," "Make Them Suffer," "Mutation of the Cadaver," "Perverse Suffering," "Submerged in Boiling Flesh", "The Time to Kill Is Now", "They Deserve To Die" and "Unleashing the Bloodthirsty". He was also able to sing quickly while maintaining a scream in the beginning and end of "Blood Drenched Execution." George has also contributed lyrically to some Cannibal Corpse songs such as "Blood Drenched Execution", "Disfigured", and "Puncture Wound Massacre."

Jack Owen has said that George doesn't use any kind of vocal machine at all for his performances. "Those screams are all me", says Fisher, "On the last record, there was a scream that was 15 seconds long and this one was a little longer. I wanted to do it again, but they were like, 'No this one's too good!'. That's all me". Fisher has said that sometimes after doing long screams, he gets intense headaches. "I've always had a hoarse voice, even when I was a kid" says Fisher. In a video, George stated that he has never smoked in his life.

When asked if his vocals make his throat hurt, Fisher commented: "Not anymore. That's the funny thing. People ask me like, "Well, how'd you learn to sing like that?" Because I put on the albums and started singing to them. And some people say to me, "But my voice starts to hurt after ten minutes." Well yeah, but eventually my voice got used to it. If you hear me talk now, people think I'm sick but I'm not. They think that I have a cold or I just woke up - this is how I always sound."

Personal Interests

Fisher is a fan of Dethklok, Dark Funeral, Death, Deicide, Destruction, Immolation, Immortal, Incantation, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Kreator, Marduk, Metallica, Minor Threat, Morbid Angel, Pissing Razors, Possessed, Sacrifice, Slayer, Sodom, and Stormtroopers of Death. "I am a fan of live records. 'Unleashed in the East' by Judas Priest is probably one of the all-time greatest live records ever put out. I also like the Sodom live disc they put out a while ago, and of course Iron Maiden's classic Live After Death. I also think the live Deicide disc (When Satan Lives) is great too. Glen Benton's vocals are so fucking powerful. He fucking rules." "I listen to a lot of straight edge stuff, you know, from the eighties." He is also an avid player of the MMORPG World of Warcraft

No comments: